The best band saw blade for nickel-base alloys
- Product level 3
- Trapezoid tooth
- Solid materials
- Band width 41 x 1.3 - 80 x 1.6mmBand width 1-5/8 x 0.050 - 3-1/8 x 0.063 Inch
has been added to the watchlist.View watchlist
has been removed from the watchlist.View watchlist
FUTURA® 718 — The best band saw blade for nickel base alloys
Nickel-based alloys are indispensable, especially in the chemical industry, in engine construction, and in power generation, because they can withstand high mechanical, chemical, and thermal loads. Processing in production is correspondingly demanding.
WIKUS addresses the extremely difficult-to-cut nickel-based alloys with the FUTURA® 718 carbide band saw blade, which precisely cuts solid materials made of these superalloys.
- Solid material of steels,which are difficult to cut
- Nickel-based alloys
- Heat-resistant, high temperature-resistant, and duplex steels
- Specially developed for nickel-based and similar superalloys
- Optimum chip division for tough and high-strength materials
- Reduced cutting forces for long blade-life and straight cuts
- Very good and constant cutting rate in spite of difficult cutting conditions
- Excellent initial cutting behavior results in low material loss
- Reduced finishing due to high cut surface quality
- Tooth edges made of optimum carbide for high-strength tough materials
- Perfectly ground trapezoid teeth with optimum geometry
- Carrier band with special shaping for elimination of work hardening due to special mode of operation
The band saw blade uses tooth edges with carbide bodies specially designed for high-strength, tough materials. The geometry of the perfectly ground trapezoid teeth is also precisely matched to the cutting of such nickel-based alloys.
In addition, WIKUS uses a carrier band with special shaping for the high-tech sawing tool in order to eliminate the resulting work hardening of the material in the sawing process. These three factors result in very good cutting rates despite the heaviest machinability and high wear attack.
Tooth pitch in ZpZ
|Width x thickness|
|41 x 1.30||1-5/8 x 0.050|
|54 x 1.30||2-1/8 x 0.050|
|54 x 1.60||2-1/8 x 0.063|
|67 x 1.60||2-5/8 x 0.063|
|80 x 1.60||3-1/8 x 0.063|
- Nickel-based alloys
- Duplex and heat-resistant steels