The low-cost band saw blade for non-ferrous foundries
- Product level 2
- Trapezoid tooth
- Solid materials
- Band width 13 x 0.8 - 54 x 1.6mmBand width 1/2 x 0.032 - 2-1/8 x 0.063 Inch
ECODUR® — The inexpensive band saw blade for non-ferrous foundries
Materials made of aluminum, copper and other non-ferrous metals as well as their alloys place excellent standards on machining. The processing of large quantities in foundries requires precise, often automated separation of risers and casting sprues.
In order to be able to economically machine castings in these applications, WIKUS has developed the ECODUR® band saw blade.
The band saw blade is equipped with tooth edges made of specific carbide, perfectly adapted to the requirements of non-ferrous metals and their alloys.
Thanks to the ground trapezoid tooth with positive rake angle, the carbide band saw blade cuts solid materials cleanly and quickly.
The short cutting times result in a noticeable increase in productivity. The high surface quality of the cut surfaces, which requires only minor post-processing, also contributes to this.
- Cutting gates and risers on non-ferrous castings
- Aluminum and aluminum alloys as solid materials or profiles
- Copper and copper alloys as solid materials or profiles
- Aluminum round bars, blocks and precision plates
- very good price-performance-ratio
- High productivity due to short cutting times
- Carbide cutting edge with high resistance to abrasive wear and thus high blade-life
- Good cutting surface for minimal finishing
- Tooth edges made of specific carbide against abrasive wear
- Polished trapezoid tooth with positive rake angle and thus clean and fast separation of solid materials
- Patented chip division for high productivity and blade-life as well as good cutting surface quality
Tooth pitch in ZpZ
|Width x thickness|
|13 x 0.80||1/2 x 0.032|
|20 x 0.80||3/4 x 0.035|
|27 x 0.90||1-1/16 x 0.035|
|34 x 1.10||1-3/8 x 0.042|
|41 x 1.30||1-5/8 x 0.050|
|54 x 1.30||2-1/8 x 0.050|
|54 x 1.60||2-1/8 x 0.063|
- Aluminium / aluminium alloys
- Non-ferrous metals
Any more questions?
The experts of our Technical Competence Center are happy to help you answer further technical questions connected to band selection and use.