The versatile option in Level-1 for small and medium-sized workpieces
- Product level 1
- Standard or hook tooth
- Profiles + Solid materials
- Band width 6 x 0.65 - 67 x 1.6mmBand width 1/4 x 0.025 - 2-5/8 x 0.063 Inch
PRIMAR® M42 — The versatile tool for small and medium workpieces
With PRIMAR® M42, WIKUS is also setting standards in the bimetal level 1 segment. The innovative production process guarantees good product properties and a good blade-life - and all of this with a versatile range of applications. The cost per cut can be reduced, thanks to the high degree of process reliability.
As an economical basic solution, PRIMAR® M42 is aimed at cost-conscious customers and is particularly suitable for use in workshops or smaller industrial plants. At the same time, the product offers a particularly favorable price-performance ratio.
An added bonus: PRIMAR® M42 is available in all common dimensions and tooth pitches, allowing the band saw blade to be used in all common band saws.
- Workshop and lighter industrial applications
- Small to medium cross-sections with diameters up to 900 mm
- Small lot sizes
- Solid materials and profiles
- All metals up to 1000 N/mm² tensile strength
- Very good price-performance ratio in the level 1 segment
- Less frequent blade changes due to a wide range of applications and thus less downtime and waiting times
- Good blade-life thanks to new production procedure
- Low noise generation due to variable tooth pitch
- Good cutting surface due to precise set of the teeth
- M42 tooth edge with customised rake angle
- Rake angle: positive (hook tooth)
- Rake angle: 0° (standard tooth)
- Constant or variable tooth pitch with standard setting
When scanning the QR code on the blade with the ParaMaster® App, the blade data are transmitted automatically.
PRIMAR® M42 awarded TOP band saw blade of the year by MM MaschinenMarkt
MM MaschinenMarkt magazine has awarded the top 15 products in the field of cutting technology. The PRIMAR® M42 bimetal band saw blade from WIKUS-Sägenfabrik has achieved 4th place, making it the best placed band saw blade. Learn more
Tooth pitch in ZpZ
|Width x thickness|
|6 x 0.65||1/4 x 0.025|
|6 x 0.90||1/4 x 0.035|
|10 x 0.90||3/8 x 0.035|
|13 x 0.50||1/2 x 0.020|
|13 x 0.65||1/2 x 0.025|
|20 x 0.90||3/4 x 0.035|
|27 x 0.90||1-1/16 x 0.035|
|34 x 1.10||1-3/8 x 0.042|
|41 x 1.30||1-5/8 x 0.050|
|54 x 1.30||2-1/8 x 0.050|
|54 x 1.60||2-1/8 x 0.063|
|67 x 1.60||2-5/8 x 0.063|
|< 20< 0.8||10-300.4-1.2||20-500.8-2||30-601.2-2.4||50-1002-3.9||80-1703.1-6.7||150-3005.9-11.8||250-5509.8-21.6||500-100019.7-39.4||< 10< 0.4||< 15< 0.6||50-802-3.1||80-1203.1-4.7||120-2004.7-7.9||200-4007.9-15.7|
K = Hook tooth
With immediate effect, this dimension is now also converted to the new inline production. As a result, the saw band gains a high quality in the form of a glossy, smooth surface. The fine band surface protects the band guides of the machine and increases the fatigue strength.
**Wide set for non-ferrous metals
- Case-hardening steels, spring steels and ball-bearing steels
- Rust-proof and acid-resistant steels (ferretic)
- Nitrided steel, high-speed steel and tool steel
- Construction, deep-drawn and machining steels
- Carbon steels, and quenched and tempered steels
- Cast iron
- Aluminium / aluminium alloys
- Non-ferrous metals
Any more questions?
The experts of our Technical Competence Center are happy to help you answer further technical questions connected to band selection and use.