PROFLEX® SW M42
Special design for profiles made of residual stress material
- Product level 2
- Profile tooth
- Band width 34 x 1.1 - 67 x 1.6mmBand width 1-3/8 x 0.042 - 2-5/8 x 0.063 Inch
PROFLEX® SW M42 — Special designs for profiles with residual stress material
Thermal influences or plastic deformation can cause residual stresses in semi-finished products, especially in profiles. When these tensions are released during the sawing process, jamming of a conventional band saw blade in the cutting channel often occurs.
The PROFLEX® SW M42 is the result of innovative development work by WIKUS. The extra wide special set means that profiles and girders with residual stresses can be separated without any problems. The bimetal band saw blade has impressive performance, especially in steel construction and in cutting industrial profile blanks.
The PROFLEX® SW M42 is equipped with a special profile tooth form in addition to the special SW set width, which is specially adapted to materials with residual stress.
- Profiles and girders with residual stress
- For steel construction and industrial profile cuts
- No jamming in the cutting channel
- Extra wide special limitation
- Significantly extended lifetime
- Resistant to broken teeth and bandbreakage
- Low finishing due to low-burr cutting edges
- Low noise level
- Low vibration susceptibility
- Extra wide special set and variable tooth pitch
- Extremely sturdy tooth contour
- M42 tooth edge with positive rake angle
Tooth pitch in ZpZ
|Width x thickness|
|34 x 1.10||1-3/8 x 0.042|
|41 x 1.30||1-5/8 x 0.050|
|54 x 1.30||2-1/8 x 0.050|
|54 x 1.60||2-1/8 x 0.063|
|67 x 1.60||2-5/8 x 0.063|
- Case-hardening steels, spring steels and ball-bearing steels
- Rust-proof and acid-resistant steels (ferretic)
- Nitrided steel, high-speed steel and tool steel
- Construction, deep-drawn and machining steels
- Carbon steels, and quenched and tempered steels
- Cast iron
- Aluminium / aluminium alloys
- Non-ferrous metals
Any more questions?
The experts of our Technical Competence Center are happy to help you answer further technical questions connected to band selection and use.