The powerful best seller band saw blade
- Product level 3
- Trapezoid tooth
- Solid materials
- Band width 27 x 0.9 - 80 x 1.6mmBand width 1-1/16 x 0.035 - 3-1/8 x 0.063 Inch
FUTURA® — The powerful best seller band saw blade
On modern band sawing machines suitable for carbide, FUTURA® unleashes its full potential, especially for multiple cuts on structural, case-hardened, quenched and tempered, and carbon steels.
On modern carbide-suitable band sawing machines, FUTURA® unleashes its full potential, especially for multiple cuts on structural, case-hardened, tempering, and carbon steels. Thanks to these benefits, the FUTURA® is suitable for customers with excellent standards.
- Suitable for multiple cuts in the material mix
- Very high cutting performance and thus productivity
- High wear resistance and thus long lifetime
- Very smooth and quiet running, low cutting forces and straight cuts
- Polished trapezoid tooth with positive rake angle
- Optimized chip division
The backing material for the carbide bodies ensures a very long lifetime of the FUTURA® band saw blade thanks to its excellent continuous operation properties.
The trapezoidal tooth geometry is created in several high-precision steps on computer-controlled sanding machines and enables high cutting rates with low cutting forces. With a positive rake angle and powerful chip division, FUTURA® produces high surface quality and straight cuts.
A band saw blade with a history
Back in the early 1990s, WIKUS revolutionized the world of steel cutting with carbide-tipped band saw blades with the launch of the FUTURA® product. The carbide band saw blade FUTURA® at that time has developed into a whole high-performance product family for a wide variety of sectors and materials.
Tooth pitch in ZpZ
|Width x thickness|
|27 x 0.90||1-1/16 x 0.035|
|34 x 1.10||1-3/8 x 0.042|
|41 x 1.30||1-5/8 x 0.050|
|54 x 1.30||2-1/8 x 0.050|
|54 x 1.60||2-1/8 x 0.063|
|67 x 1.60||2-5/8 x 0.063|
|80 x 1.60||3-1/8 x 0.063|
- Case-hardening steels, spring steels and ball-bearing steels
- Nitrided steel, high-speed steel and tool steel
- Construction, deep-drawn and machining steels
- Carbon steels, and quenched and tempered steels
- Cast iron
Any more questions?
The experts of our Technical Competence Center are happy to help you answer further technical questions connected to band selection and use.