Increased performance due to hard coating
- Product level 3
- Trapezoid tooth
- Solid materials
- Band width 34 x 1.1 - 80 x 1.6mmBand width 1-3/8 x 0.042 - 3-1/8 x 0.063 Inch
FUTURA® PREMIUM — Increased performance due to hard coating
The aim of the technological development of FUTURA® PREMIUM was to enable a significant increase in the service life of the band saw blade by using a hard coating while maintaining the same high cutting parameters.
With FUTURA® PREMIUM, the performance spectrum in production could be increased again by approx. 20% compared to the FUTURA® product and at the same time, depending on the application, the blade-life could be extended by approx. 60 to 100%.
This improves productivity and blade-life. Both have a significant impact on the cost per cut and thus on the profitability of the sawing process in the plant.
- Solid materials of structural, case-hardened, tempering, and carbon steels
- Industrial mass and series cutting
- Increased performance and improved tool life due to coated tooth edges
- Extension of machine capacity in case of bottlenecks
- Increase productivity and high blade-life
- Reduction of noise emission
- Low cutting forces, reduction of cutting time and straight cuts
- Reliable even for unmanned shifts
- Significant reduction in set-up time
- Broad application spectrum achieved through fast and uninterrupted blade changes
- Special hard coating for steel machining
- Additional back edge coating for lower friction
Building on the technological features of the FUTURA® product with its trapezoidal tooth geometry, FUTURA® PREMIUM has a Multi Layerhard coating applied to the tooth edges and back edge. As a result, the band saw blade impresses with enormous performance, a significant reduction in noise emissions and very good blade-life.
Tooth pitch in ZpZ
|Width x thickness|
|34 x 1.10||1-3/8 x 0.042|
|41 x 1.30||1-5/8 x 0.050|
|54 x 1.30||2-1/8 x 0.050|
|54 x 1.60||2-1/8 x 0.063|
|67 x 1.60||2-5/8 x 0.063|
|80 x 1.60||3-1/8 x 0.063|
- Case-hardening steels, spring steels and ball-bearing steels
- Nitrided steel, high-speed steel and tool steel
- Construction, deep-drawn and machining steels
- Carbon steels, and quenched and tempered steels
- Cast iron
Any more questions?
The experts of our Technical Competence Center are happy to help you answer further technical questions connected to band selection and use.