— The special band saw blade for high-strength and difficult-to-cut materials
- Product level 2
- Hook tooth
- Profiles + Solid materials
- Band witdh 27 x 0.9 - 67 x 1.6mmBand witdh 1-1/16 x 0.035 - 2-5/8 x 0.063 Inch
Add to watchlistAdded to watchlist
MARATHON® X3000® — The special band saw blade for high-strength and difficult-to-cut materials
For the sawing of high-alloyed, difficult-to-machine materials as well as tempered steels (over 1000 N/mm² tensile strength), WIKUS has developed the cutting material X3000®.
X3000® is characterized by its high hardness and excellent toughness. This combination of material properties results in a particularly good cutting edge stability with MARATHON® X3000®.
In combination with the carrier band made of alloyed tempering steel, the MARATHON® X3000® bimetal band saw blade achieves outstanding continuous operation properties.
- High-alloy austenitic materials
- Steels from 1000 N/mm² tensile strength
- Scaled forging ingots
- Good blade-life despite difficult-to-machine materials
- Low material loss due to good cutting section flatness
- High wear resistance with hard materials
- Cost savings due to less frequent blade changes
- Excellent continuous operation properties
- Excellent cutting quality due to highly smooth and quiet running
- Tooth edge made of the cutting material X3000® with positive rake angle
- High cutting edge stability and high wear resistance
- Variable tooth pitch and standard set
Tooth pitch in ZpZ
|Width x thickness|
|27 x 0.90||1-1/16 x 0.035|
|34 x 1.10||1-3/8 x 0.042|
|41 x 1.30||1-5/8 x 0.050|
|54 x 1.60||2-1/8 x 0.063|
|67 x 1.60||2-5/8 x 0.063|
K = Hook tooth
- Rust-proof and acid-resistant steels (ferretic)
- Nickel-based alloys
- Titanium / titanium alloys
- Tempered steels (over 1000 N/mm² / 32 HRC)
- Duplex and heat-resistant steels
- Aluminium bronzes
Any more questions?
The experts of our Technical Competence Center are happy to help you answer further technical questions connected to band selection and use.